Planning the wine is an important part of your day, and for many, buying in such large quantities is an overwhelming decision, but it doesn't have to be. We'd like to help make this a decision that is simple, rewarding and above all enjoyable. Oh, and by the way, congratulations!
The most important thing is that you and your partner are able to choose wines that you both enjoy and that you can get them at a good price. Therefore, it is worth considering the option of corkage when hiring a venue. With this option, through us, you'll be able to improve on quality and save money along the way.
You're in good hands! With us, you'll be able to choose from our extensive selection of wine and you will have the support of our friendly and experienced team. Who will help you choose wines to suit your tastes, menu and budget. Better yet, we offer a free tasting to all of our customers to ensure that you and your partner are absolutely happy before ordering.
For any craft beer fans, we have a great selection of craft beer (300+) from all over the world to choose from, if you wanted to explore this option.
REASONS TO CHOOSE US
1. Free tastings - we'd be happy to organise a free tasting for you. This tasting will be hosted by one of our experts who will be able to offer advice and answer all of your questions.
2. Free delivery - we can delivery free of charge to anywhere in mainland UK within 3 working days
3. 10% off all bulk orders
4. Refund any left over products - order too much? We will buy back any bottles that are in a resaleable condition
5. Free glass hire - this service is completely free. We'll even deliver and collect free of charge - so long as they're in the same state you received them in
6. Fast local delivery/pick-up - if you're local (around Edinburgh) we can promise delivery and collection any specific working day
7. Interesting and exclusive range of wine - most of our selection is from small, reputable producers that you can't find anywhere else in Scotland. We are one of the biggest importers of Champagne, Prosecco and Cava in Scotland, which reflects in our very competitive prices.
We have catered to many, many events in the past 17 years with a proven track record for delivering an excellent service. We are very happy to recommend venues in and around Edinburgh that have low or ZERO corkage charges. Far be it for me to say this again, but this can save you a fortune and get you much, much better wines at the same time!
M. McClements: "Thank you Matt for helping us choose wines for our son's wedding. A great choice and a really helpful guy. Good prices too! Definitely will recommend Great Grog."
"If you need great wine, at great prices, sold to you by folk who really care about what you want. Great Grog is the only place to go!"
"Good recommendations, good prices, excellent customer service"
Just a few things to think about...
We have vast experience of wedding supply. We try to ask as many questions as possible, so that we can offer as bespoke a service as possible.
You are welcome to come in to try wine ideas in the warehouse -free- or we can send a few samples & refund them if you order? (within reason!)
Please have a look at our web prices www.greatgrog.co.uk . We would offer 10% discount on these prices, so a £10 Sauvignon on the web becomes £9 for example. We can send a “suggested quantities” invoice to help you see a guide to total costs if you would find that helpful?
An average wedding party drinks roughly (max!) 3/4 a bottle of wine per head, of which 2/3 is white & 1/3 is red. FOR EXAMPLE for 100 people this = 50 bottles white & 25 bottles of red
PLUS “Reception” fizzy of 2 glasses & one more glass later for the toast = 1/2 a bottle per head = 50 bottles. Flutes for sparkling wine are smaller, hence are worked out at 6 glasses per bottle. Normal wine glasses work on 5 glasses per bottle.
Food vs. Wine
We love to advise on wine & food matching if you have your menu in mind.
Sale or Return
We can offer sale or return (on any re-saleable bottles). We would like full payment before delivery please & will refund anything returned.
Free nationwide mainland delivery Monday – Friday
Time specific local delivery, Monday-Saturday 10 - 4.30pm
Free local uplift by arrangement (if needed!)
If there is anything else we can help with, please just ask & we can talk you through it.
Many thanks again
tel; 0131 555 0222
17 EAST CROMWELL STREET, LEITH, EH6 6HD
company reg. 194873