Chateau Mayne Vieil, Fronsac 2015 (Red)

PDFPrintEmail
Bordeaux. Clean and gentle style of claret with redcurrant leaf and an underlying rustic earthiness.
Chateau Mayne Vieil, Fronsac 2012
With shipment Collect FREE @Shop 2 Dalkeith Rd. for £0.00
With shipment Collect FREE @Warehouse 17 East Cromwell St for £0.00
With shipment (FREE delivery appears above £79) for £10.00
Sales price £12.60
Discount
Price / kg:
Description

Typically earthy right bank claret showing nice development. A clean, relatively gentle style of Claret with smooth edges showing just a whistle of underlying richness and earthiness.

100% Merlot, 85% of which is matured in concrete vates, the other 15% matured in oak barrels.

"One of the most consistently well-made wines in the region" Bordeaux guru David Peppercorn.

The vineyards of Chateau Mayne Vieil in Fronsac are established on the beautiful rolling hills overlooking the Dordogne river. The history of the estate can be traced back to the 1500's when it was owned by the de Paty family - Equerry de Paty, Lord of Mayne-Vieil built the large cellars in the 17th century. In 1860 the elegant house still presiding over the vineyard was completed by the Fontemoing family, wine merchants from Libourne who owned the estate from 1732. The Fontemoing's established the vineyard in Fronsac, and through advanced production techniques succeded in selling wines at a higher price than those of neighbouring St Emilion for over 50 years. Since 1918 the vineyard has been owned by the Séze family, who restored and reconstructed the estate after World War 1, attaching great importance to producing high quality red wines. The single block, which can be seen from the house is planted with 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet and totals 41 hectares, 27ha of which are in Fronsac.

"One of the most consistently well-made wines in the region" Bordeaux guru David Peppercorn.

14%abv