Wine Warehouse 0131 555 0222
17 East Cromwell Street, Edinburgh, EH6 6HD
Open Mon-Sat 10-5.30pm (and Sunday afternoons 12-4pm in December)
Bottle Shop 0131 667 2855
2 Dalkeith Road Edinburgh, EH16 5JU
Open Mon-Thurs 11-8pm ; Fri-Sat 11-9pm; Sun 1-6pm
FREE delivery on any order above £79 mainland UK.
- Delivery normally 2 working days if by DHL courier...or blisteringly quick if via our own vans
- EXPERIENCE:- Over 100 years of professional drinking, tasting and sober study between us.(30 for Richard (OMG), 20 for Simon, 20 for Janice, 16 for Heather, 24 for John B & at least 29 for Red (you should see him these days...)
- All wines are individually taste tested (before listing & then regularly after).... & then the samples taken home by us, just to make absolutely sure the wine at the bottom is the same as at the top.
- Frequent Offers and Bargain Bin-Ends.
- Most of our products are from small, individual, quality, family-owned producers. I would say "boutique" wineries, but that would imply expensive & we ain't that.
- Constantly evolving, often exclusive wines (a range of 500+ wines in stock)
- Cheap....oops...I mean...good value (Margins less than "markets" that alledge "super").
- "Scruffy rather than Stuffy" Rose Murray Brown MW, "The Scotsman". Surely she meant "friendly & knowledgeable staff & no suits"?
- Regular Tastings (normally!), fairs & Events for you (& us too) to try our wares. We aren't frightened of opening bottles to show you how good our wines are (See EVENTS page).
- Minimum order for free delivery is £79 (may be ANY MIXED products). Single bottles can be bought from our Shop in Dalkeith Road.
- The largest range of beer in Scotland (probably) in our Dalkeith Road shop (a stocktaking nightmare = 300+ beers 500+ wines & loads of spirits/liquers)
- Lastly, but not leastly, WE like drinking our own wines so you probably will too (all things being equal)
"We've seen the new age of wine retailing... Great Grog is an Internet and telephone wine merchant, quietly situated in a warehouse in Edinburgh. By avoiding the High Street, they avoid High Street rents and can pass on these savings to their customers... Great Grog's well chosen list has some outstanding bargains." Glasgow Herald in 1999