Live Facebook Tastings
Facebook live Tastings of three wines each time: All you have to do is buy the pack and taste along! Get free delivery as part of a wine order over £79
£28 Australia: 7pm Friday 27th November Buy Pack - Includes Smoked Almonds to match. Interesting and highly quaffable wines from down under.
£33 Blends: 7pm Tuesday 1st December Buy Pack - Includes Perello Olives to match. Enjoy Simon's recent article about the art of blending? He's going to carry about them here a bit more using three delicious wines to illustrate his point.
£50 Christmas Day: 1pm Friday 25th December Buy Pack. Join Richard for a festive treat on Christmas Day as he goes through 3 gorgeous French wines before Queenie's Speech.
View Previous tastings HERE
Thurs 3rd Dec 7pm: Exclusive Zoom Tasting. Claire Ronxin, export manager at Cantino Riondo will taste and talk us through 3 of their expertly made wines. £27 Buy a Pack and taste along with her/us. (She used to work in Oddbins with Richard 20+ years ago!)
Sat 5th Dec 7pm: Zoom Tasting. Richard will taste and talk us through 4 wines. £42 Buy a Pack This event is organised by the Cromwell Kitchen and the event is part of the Totally Locally Burntisland’s “Festive Fest”. This pack is available to be delivered free as part of any order over £79. Alternatively, if you live in Burntisland (Fife) you can get it delivered to the Cromwell Kitchen & pick it up from there. Just put "click and collect from warehouse" as your option and then put "collect from Cromwell Kitchen" in "COMMENTS". SOLD OUT
Grog Bottled Beer Fairs - Postponed
Tutored Physical Wine events - Postponed
Grog Physical Wine Dinners - Postponed
Join our Wine Club
Private Zoom Wine Tastings
Fees and Costs
Private events are charged at £150 inc vat flat rate for a host for the evening.
This is charged per event and is not dependent on number of participants.
No maximum number of participants
The wines are charged at retail cost in addition to the above.
An example of wine cost would be £30 for a selection of 3 wines to make up a "tasting pack" per household. This would be make for an interesting, quality tasting.
- delivery to one address nationally - free.
- Multiple Edinburgh/Glasgow addresses close together - free.
- Multiple addresses not proximate to each other, nationally - at courier cost per address (£10 inc vat via DHL).
Please provide us with delivery addresses for the packs at least a week in advance of the event.
Great Grog would deliver/courier the packs to participants addresses preferably the week beforehand (to ensure timely arrival).
If you would like us to host the zoom meeting we would send out an invite link and code for you to send on to participants.
If you would like to host the zoom you could let us co-host for the presentation.
If you would like a food vs wine element to the evening we can deliver snacks (Drinks Biscuits, Olives, Smoked Almonds etc) at the same time as the wines (eg. Gordal Olives are £2.50)
This would be in addition to the £30 for wine
3 wines, we can suggest various themes. This can be along "Country" themes, but could be by "Grape Variety, Organic, Regional" etc.
2 whites and a red works well but, equally, it could be all white or all red.
Final Costing - worked examples
- 10 participants in central Edinburgh: £150 fee + 10 packs @ £30 + 10 Gordal Olives @ £2.50 + free delivery = £475 inc vat
- 10 participants all over Scotland: £150 fee + 10 packs @ £30 + 10 Gordal Olives @ £2.50 + delivery @ £10 each address = £575 inc vat
One day, in the not too distant future, in a land far, far away, we will be able to do physical wine and beer tastings again.
We can host private tasting events all over Scotland (although I have been as far as London). For a standard tasting with up to 23 people, the cost is £391, with £17 a head beyond this. For a Champagne or Fine Wines tasting with up to 23 people, we charge £575 with an additional £25 a head thereafter.
These prices include - all wine, glasses, tasting sheets & an experienced, expert tutor with a duration of around 1 1/2 hours. Aprox 1/3 of a glass of each wine will be poured per person. 8 good quality wines will be served with a variety of different themes / formats on offer (see some suggestions below.) The most popular format is a sparkling to start, followed by 4 whites & 3 reds. We can also organise bespoke tastings based on a specific event or particular area of interest.
We are happy to come to your office or boardroom to do the event. We also routinely use several “third party” venues & restaurants around Edinburgh. Third party venues may incur a hire fee and are subject to availability. Maximum tasting numbers are only limited by the venue capacity. If numbers go above 70 then we would suggest more of a “wine fair” format rather than tutored event - we provide appropriate numbers of expert staff to pour & chat whatever your numbers. Travelling time & expenses for venues outwith Edinburgh will be charged at cost.
Ideas for Tasting Themes
- Wines from around the World;
- Wine & Cheese Tasting (+ £5 per head for cheese);
- New World vs Old World;
- Unusual Grape varieties;
- Sauvignon Blanc alternatives;
- Six Nations Rugby (Wine, cider, beer & Whisky will be involved!);
- Wine Olympics;
- Champagnes vs Sparkling (£25 min. per head).
- You name it, we will try to do it!
Ideas for Formats
- Straightforward - tutor pours & talks through the wines. Informal & easy-going style.
- Call My Wine Bluff - a fun competition to guess the right wines from their descriptions.
- Blind Tasting - Guessing game for some, or all, of the wines or prices or countries or grape varieties, as easy as you fancy. Expert knowledge NOT required!
- Fun Quiz - tasting with questions and a general wine knowledge quiz (with plenty clues!)
- Whisky Tastings - let us lead you through the regional styles.
- Beer Tastings - taste the finest of Scottish or World Ales from our range of 300!
In 2018 we hosted tastings for (amongst others) Standard Life (Aberdeen) Investments (thrice), Scottish Widows (thrice), SWIP, Close Bros., HBOS, Lloyds TSB, Morton Fraser, Baille Gifford, Shepherd Wedderburn, Mercers, CIMA, Cala, Fettes, Stew Mel Rugby FP, Scottish Water, Volvo, Warrender Swim Club, Corstorphone Cougars RFC, First State, Wooden Spoon, Health in Mind + many other charity fundraisers. In 2020 the clients would have looked similar to 2019, 2018, 2017 and so forth (we must be doing something right, otherwise they wouldn't ask us back!).