Live Facebook Tastings
Facebook live Tastings of three wines each time: All you have to do is buy the pack and taste along! Get free delivery as part of a wine order over £79
£37 Limoux, France: 7pm Friday 30th October Buy Pack - Includes Perello Olives to match. These wines are fantastic value. They are "punching" as the term goes. The fizz is a great alternative to the ubiquitous Prosecco, the white is delicious and the red could be termed a "go to" winter-warmer
£45 Syrah vs Shiraz: 7pm Friday 6th November Buy Pack - Includes Perello Olives to match. These wines are some affordable favourites from my favourite grape variety.
£55 Beginners Tasting - over 2 weeks, Tutored: 7pm Friday 13th & 20th November. 3 Wines each week Buy Pack. You don't have to be a novice wine-drinker to particpate! I will walk you through how to appreciate your vino a little more. What makes a good wine good?
View Previous tastings HERE
Thurs 12th November 7pm: Exclusive Zoom Tasting with Faouzi Issa, Owner/Wine maker at Domaine de Tourelles, Lebanon will taste and talk us through 3 of his world class wines. £47 Buy a Pack and taste along with him/us.
Thurs 19th November 7pm: Exclusive Zoom Tasting. Luis Marculeta, export manager at Rioja Vega, Spain - WHO HAVE JUST BEEN NOMINATED FOR RED WINE PRODUCER OF THE YEAR BY THE IWSC (and good friend of Grog) will taste and talk us through 3 of our favourite wines from the estate. £35 Buy a Pack and taste along with him/us.
MORE TASTINGS COMING - WATCH THIS SPACE
Grog Bottled Beer Fairs - Postponed
Tutored Wine events - Postponed
Grog Wine Dinners - Postponed
Join our Wine Club?
Private Zoom Wine Tastings
Fees and Costs
Private events are charged at £150 inc vat flat rate for a host for the evening.
This is charged per event and is not dependent on number of participants.
No maximum number of participants
The wines are charged at retail cost in addition to the above.
An example of wine cost would be £30 for a selection of 3 wines to make up a "tasting pack" per household. This would be make for an interesting, quality tasting.
- delivery to one address nationally - free.
- Multiple Edinburgh/Glasgow addresses close together - free.
- Multiple addresses not proximate to each other, nationally - at courier cost per address (£10 inc vat via DHL).
Please provide us with delivery addresses for the packs at least a week in advance of the event.
Great Grog would deliver/courier the packs to participants addresses preferably the week beforehand (to ensure timely arrival).
If you would like us to host the zoom meeting we would send out an invite link and code for you to send on to participants.
If you would like to host the zoom you could let us co-host for the presentation.
If you would like a food vs wine element to the evening we can deliver snacks (Drinks Biscuits, Olives, Smoked Almonds etc) at the same time as the wines (eg. Gordal Olives are £2.50)
This would be in addition to the £30 for wine
3 wines, we can suggest various themes. This can be along "Country" themes, but could be by "Grape Variety, Organic, Regional" etc.
2 whites and a red works well but, equally, it could be all white or all red.
Final Costing - worked examples
- 10 participants in central Edinburgh: £150 fee + 10 packs @ £30 + 10 Gordal Olives @ £2.50 + free delivery = £475 inc vat
- 10 participants all over Scotland: £150 fee + 10 packs @ £30 + 10 Gordal Olives @ £2.50 + delivery @ £10 each address = £575 inc vat
One day, in the not too distant future, in a land far, far away, we will be able to do physical wine and beer tastings again.
We can host private tasting events all over Scotland (although I have been as far as London). For a standard tasting with up to 23 people, the cost is £391, with £17 a head beyond this. For a Champagne or Fine Wines tasting with up to 23 people, we charge £575 with an additional £25 a head thereafter.
These prices include - all wine, glasses, tasting sheets & an experienced, expert tutor with a duration of around 1 1/2 hours. Aprox 1/3 of a glass of each wine will be poured per person. 8 good quality wines will be served with a variety of different themes / formats on offer (see some suggestions below.) The most popular format is a sparkling to start, followed by 4 whites & 3 reds. We can also organise bespoke tastings based on a specific event or particular area of interest.
We are happy to come to your office or boardroom to do the event. We also routinely use several “third party” venues & restaurants around Edinburgh. Third party venues may incur a hire fee and are subject to availability. Maximum tasting numbers are only limited by the venue capacity. If numbers go above 70 then we would suggest more of a “wine fair” format rather than tutored event - we provide appropriate numbers of expert staff to pour & chat whatever your numbers. Travelling time & expenses for venues outwith Edinburgh will be charged at cost.
Ideas for Tasting Themes
- Wines from around the World;
- Wine & Cheese Tasting (+ £5 per head for cheese);
- New World vs Old World;
- Unusual Grape varieties;
- Sauvignon Blanc alternatives;
- Six Nations Rugby (Wine, cider, beer & Whisky will be involved!);
- Wine Olympics;
- Champagnes vs Sparkling (£25 min. per head).
- You name it, we will try to do it!
Ideas for Formats
- Straightforward - tutor pours & talks through the wines. Informal & easy-going style.
- Call My Wine Bluff - a fun competition to guess the right wines from their descriptions.
- Blind Tasting - Guessing game for some, or all, of the wines or prices or countries or grape varieties, as easy as you fancy. Expert knowledge NOT required!
- Fun Quiz - tasting with questions and a general wine knowledge quiz (with plenty clues!)
- Whisky Tastings - let us lead you through the regional styles.
- Beer Tastings - taste the finest of Scottish or World Ales from our range of 300!
In 2018 we hosted tastings for (amongst others) Standard Life (Aberdeen) Investments (thrice), Scottish Widows (thrice), SWIP, Close Bros., HBOS, Lloyds TSB, Morton Fraser, Baille Gifford, Shepherd Wedderburn, Mercers, CIMA, Cala, Fettes, Stew Mel Rugby FP, Scottish Water, Volvo, Warrender Swim Club, Corstorphone Cougars RFC, First State, Wooden Spoon, Health in Mind + many other charity fundraisers. In 2020 the clients would have looked similar to 2019, 2018, 2017 and so forth (we must be doing something right, otherwise they wouldn't ask us back!).