Grog SPRING Wine Fair
Friday 22nd May, 18:00-20:30 THE BIG ONE! @ Merchants Hall, Hanover Street, Edinburgh. A fantastic night out for a mere £20 (which is redeemable against a case purchase on the night). 180 Tickets, 100 wines, please Buy Tickets or over the phone 0131 555 0222
Tutored Wine Tastings
Finest wines from South America £20 (refundable against a mixed case on the night)
Thursday 6th February 2020, 7-8.30pm @ Royal Scots Club, Abercromby Place, Edinburgh. Try the very best of a diverse spread of reds and whites from very high altitude to coastal. A massive area to cover in one evening but Richard will have a crack at it. Buy tickets or phone on 0131 5550222
Fancy free tickets to tastings plus discount, first refusal on bin ends and special offers? Join our Wine Club
Spanish Wine Dinner
Friday 31st January 2020 @ The Apartment, 7-13, Barclay Place, Edinburgh. Plenty of Spanish food, wine and chat all for just £50 a head. Please book via the restaurant on 0131 2286456.
Free Tastings in the Shop
Weekly Saturday afternoon tastings of wine and beer IN THE SHOP, 2 Dalkeith Road, Edinburgh, please just drop in!
Private Wine Tastings
We can host private tasting events all over Scotland (although I have been as far as London). For a standard tasting with up to 23 people, the cost is £391, with £17 a head beyond this. For a Champagne or Fine Wines tasting with up to 23 people, we charge £575 with an additional £25 a head thereafter.
These prices include - all wine, glasses, tasting sheets & an experienced, expert tutor with a duration of around 1 1/2 hours. Aprox 1/3 of a glass of each wine will be poured per person. 8 good quality wines will be served with a variety of different themes / formats on offer (see some suggestions below.) The most popular format is a sparkling to start, followed by 4 whites & 3 reds. We can also organise bespoke tastings based on a specific event or particular area of interest.
We are happy to come to your office or boardroom to do the event. We also routinely use several “third party” venues & restaurants around Edinburgh. Third party venues may incur a hire fee and are subject to availability. Maximum tasting numbers are only limited by the venue capacity. If numbers go above 70 then we would suggest more of a “wine fair” format rather than tutored event - we provide appropriate numbers of expert staff to pour & chat whatever your numbers. Travelling time & expenses for venues outwith Edinburgh will be charged at cost.
Ideas for Tasting Themes
- Wines from around the World;
- Wine & Cheese Tasting (+ £5 per head for cheese);
- New World vs Old World;
- Unusual Grape varieties;
- Sauvignon Blanc alternatives;
- Six Nations Rugby (Wine, cider, beer & Whisky will be involved!);
- Wine Olympics;
- Champagnes vs Sparkling (£25 min. per head).
- You name it, we will try to do it!
Ideas for Formats
- Straightforward - tutor pours & talks through the wines. Informal & easy-going style.
- Call My Wine Bluff - a fun competition to guess the right wines from their descriptions.
- Blind Tasting - Guessing game for some, or all, of the wines or prices or countries or grape varieties, as easy as you fancy. Expert knowledge NOT required!
- Fun Quiz - tasting with questions and a general wine knowledge quiz (with plenty clues!)
- Whisky Tastings - let us lead you through the regional styles.
- Beer Tastings - taste the finest of Scottish or World Ales from our range of 300!
In 2018 we hosted tastings for (amongst others) Standard Life(Aberdeen) Investments (thrice), Scottish Widows (thrice), SWIP, Close Bros., HBOS, Lloyds TSB, Morton Fraser, Baille Gifford, Shepherd Wedderburn, Mercers, CIMA, Cala, Fettes, Stew Mel Rugby FP, Scottish Water, Volvo, Warrender Swim Club, RHC Cougars RFC, First State, Wooden Spoon, Health in Mind + many other charity fundraisers. In 2019 the clients will hopefully look similar to 2018, 2017 and so forth (we must be doing something right, otherwise they wouldn't ask us back!). We've already done Marks and Clerk and the French Institute in 2019!